Tuesday, March 23, 2010

She's gonna love me one day...

One thing about me is that I have always been good with kids. Me and kids just get along. Plain and simple. Part of the reason why I got my job at the YMCA as a Childcare Counselor, is that during my interview there, kids were playing with me through the window, and I was playing back. Good thing it didn't annoy the person interviewing me, instead he gave me a job =).

I always thought that this was one of my coolest traits. Until my God-daughter, Emma proved me wrong. I was so happy when Emma's mom asked me to be Emma's Godfather. Its a huge responsibility, but being I already had a Godson, and a few more God-kids I don't even know about, I was more than happy to accept. I found it odd that every time I held Emma as a baby that she would start crying, and every time I'd hand her back over, I would say, "You're gonna love me one day." I thought I was just holding her wrong, then when she became a toddler, she'd just run away from me when she saw me. I really thought I had lost me ability with kids which was kind of depressing.

I stopped by one day, after I got a new zoom lens; I believe it was a Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6. It was in the afternoon and it seems as though it had been a relaxing day for Emma and her mom because they were still in their pajamas. As I was leaving, Emma ran out side and started playing around. I seized the opportunity to try out the new lens, that and she was playing in front of my car...

I might just get beat up for this one since Emma's mom isn't wearing any make-up lol



I love this series.





Aka, Emma-bear "the Cutest God-daughter EVER!!!"





Yeah... she's gonna love me one day =)


She's so classy =)


It was over cast that day, so there was pretty even lighting all around. My only regret is that I shot all of this in .jpg instead of RAW... Lesson learned.

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment