Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday fun

Well, yesterday I turned 30... yay! ...sarcasm. Aside from leaving my 20's behind, it was a pretty fun day. Usually I'll go out and party and such, but tis time around I decided that I would tone it down and just relax and spend time with family. Oddly enough, dad and my brother had to work, my mom left for Las Vegas, and my twin sister is in Florida. By the way, this is the sad part, this is the first birthday that my sister and I have been apart. That's a 29 year streak, broken! Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually, and there's always next year. Miss you Mina!!

Anyway, so that said, I hung out with the Mark, my Godson, his little brother Lui, and Sig Sauer Zamora. Yes, he's a Maltese. My brother got him a couple of Friendsgivings ago. He named Sig after his favorite brand of guns. Sig is kind of a sissy dog, but he's cute and has a tough name.

We had a lot planned for my birthday, playing arcades, eating all sorts of stuff, but instead they came with me to a photo shoot I had to do for work, and hung out with me while I processed the images and uploaded it to my boss so she could work on it. In retrospect, it would have been alot faster if I went in to the office and just handed them to my boss when I finished, but that would have defeated the purpose of being on vacation. Anyway, I did get a few shots of Mark, Lui, and Sig before we headed off to my photo shoot.

I got a background system a few weeks ago with a white and black muslin backdrops, which I have been using alot lately. Its fun and makes a great portable studio. Mark had asked me to take his graduation photos since he never got them done when he graduated high school last year, and I was happy to oblige...


While he had everything set up, I figured it would be great to get shots of every one. Here's Siggy's set.




And even though I'm against anything OU(sucks), I let Lui wear his jersey for the photos. By the way, thanks Kari, if you are reading this, for enabling. You're an enabler!!! Get him something awesome next time. Maybe something with a Longhorn on it. lol just kidding!!!




Of course, Mark being Mark. Silly. Just silly.




Anyway, over all I think the photos turned out well. They are well lit in my opinion. I think I'm really starting to get used to getting the lighting just right when I'm using my lights. I did buy a 5 foot reflector to bounce around light with. That was set up on the opposite side of the frame. The main light was to their left and the reflector was to their right.

GZ

1 comment:

  1. thanks glenn...for everything. great photos! made my boys more handsome here =)

    ReplyDelete