Thursday, January 13, 2011

Keep on playin'

Two posts within a week... what?? =)

Last year, I introduced my friend Nate to you all in the blog post "Dreamin' Big and Stepping Forward" (http://gzamoraphotographie.blogspot.com/2010/03/dreamin-big-and-stepping-forward.html.) He's currently working on a new album. He called me up again and asked me if I could come out to shoot a studio session. So I did.

I brought the flashes out, but I only used them half of the time. Most of the time we were in another room and I was too lazy to move my lights. Oh well. Bump up the ISO, open up the aperture and use longer than normal exposures and hope that none of them move for 1/30th of a second. Here's how some of them turned out.







I had fun that night... last night rather. It was quite interesting to see how an actual recording session worked. Needless to say that it was my first time in a recording studio, and I was amazed at the amount of work that goes into one song. We were there forever, but seeing my good friend Nate at work doing what he loves to do was well worth it. As far as the song, well, its stuck in my head, and I have a rough cut on my iPod on a loop. Nuff said. Great work buddy!

More to come from this session.

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment