Monday, April 5, 2010

Laziness?? I think NOT!

No, I haven't been lazy about posting photos. I have just been busy. I'll be posting more in a few days. Just trying to figure out what photos to post. I didn't realize how addicting and time consuming this is, but I'm not giving up.

In case you want to know what I have been busy with at work, I am working on a new issue of the magazine. Our 2010 Cancer Resource Guide is off to the presses. We are also working on an exciting new book project–more on that later. Also, I am off to photograph a cancer symposium later on in the week for the magazine, and next week, I get to drive to Canton, TX to photograph a metastatic cancer patient for the next issue of CURE. I get to try out my new lens that I bought from my roomie–a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 (to be exact... Tamron AF 17-50mm f/2.8 SP XR Di II LD Aspherical [IF]). I'm excited!! No more lens envy!! =)

As far as outside of work, well, I have been getting busy getting ready for my upcoming trip back home to the Philippines in October with my brother and dad. Busy in the gym that is. The last time my family saw me, I was HUGE. I was over 260 pounds when my family saw me last. The plan is to go back home to the Philippines weighing what I did in high school–which is 175 pounds. Talk about shock value.

I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but if I can consistently lose 9 pounds a month, I can hit that goal. Right now I'm trying to get back to what I weighed before the holidays, which is 215 pounds... yes, I have lost as much as 50 pounds!! I gained 15-20 pounds back of it due to a Wine-can, Honey-brined, maple-glazed, bacon-wrapped, sage-butter rubbed turkey on Friendsgiving (more on Friendsgiving later). Maybe I can post a photo of me on a weekly basis to show my progress?? Hmmm... why not?? =)

GZ

No comments:

Post a Comment